Gymnastics Australia recently released the new Club Importer and we have put together the table below to help Clubs understand why records are put in different tabs in the Wizard you see when your import reaches the Validated stage:
As you can see above, the Athlete’s First Name, Last Name and Birthdate are quite important in our system for matching and updating records.
Please note that the birthdate must be in Australian Format eg. DD/MM/YYYY
Athletes who are listed in Step 6 New cannot be matched in the National Gymnastics Database based on their First Name, Last Name and Birthdate.
So if you see Athletes in Step 6 New which are not new to your Club and should not be in this list as either their name or birthdate is incorrect, we recommend the following process:
- Use the Export button to export this list to an excel sheet
- Use the Cancel and Start Over button in the Club Importer
- Update this excel sheet to show only the athletes which shouldn’t be new – listing their First Name, Last Name and CORRECT birthdate.
- Email this to email@example.com so we can help update this list in bulk.
- Once the Support team have confirmed these records have been fixed, then upload your file into the Club Importer.
If you do not follow the recommended process above and continue to submit in Step 7, you will have 2 records for the same athlete in your Club but as they will either have a different name or birthdate they will not be picked up in your duplicate list. To clean up records, please follow this process.
The main issues if an athlete does have two or more records is that the athlete may lose all their history and it will increase the Gymnastics churn rate as IDs are used to calculate the amount new and returning athletes each year.
If you need any assistance, please get in touch.