Coaches are required to submit a number of written assessment tasks when completing the Advanced Coaching Accreditation. The Advanced Assessments Tasks include:
• Annual and Seasonal Plan
• First Aid Certificate
• Junior Coach Project
• Self Analysis Assessment
• Skills Analysis Assessment
• Spotting Logbook (ACR, MAG, TUM, TRP WAG have two spotting logbooks)
• Physical Preparation Project
• Assessment marking can take up to 14 working days.
• Your assessment must be entirely your own work. If plagiarism or collusion is detected, your assessment will be declined, and your club will be contacted.
• All assessments must be submitted via Flex. Email submissions are not permitted.
• Your assessment will be marked by an external assessor appointed by Gymnastics Australia.
• If your assessment is declined, you will receive an email from the assessor explaining why this decision has been made. Please ensure the email linked to your account is correct.
To complete the Advanced Assessment tasks, please follow the steps below.
Step 1: Login to Gymnastics Australia and access Flex
1. Go to the Gymnastics Australia website by visiting http://gymnastics.org.au
2. In the top right-hand corner, click Sign In.
3. Sign in using your Technical Member ID as your username, and your Gymnastics Australia password. If you have forgotten your password, please contact us.
4. Once you have signed in, click the top right-hand corner on the Hi, [Your Name] link to access your Gymnastics Australia account.
5. Click Go to Flex (LMS). This should be on the left-hand side of the page.
Still having trouble signing into your account? Please click here.
Step 2: Download the Advanced Assessment Tasks
1. Access the Training Library by clicking the Bookshelf icon on the left-hand menu bar.
2. Locate the Advanced Coaching Accreditation Courses category. Click View Courses.
3. Scroll down until you see the Advanced Assessment Tasks bundles for each Gymsport. Click Enrol for the relevant gymsport.
4. On the following page, click View.
5. You will now see a list of all the Advanced Assessment Tasks. You will also see an 'Advanced Course Resources' bundle. This contains instructions on how to complete each of the assessments.
6. Locate the assessment you wish to download and click Start.
7. On the following page, click Take Assessment.
8. A pop-up will open in a new window. To download the Assessment, click the here link. You can then save the file to your computer.
Step 3: Upload the Advanced Assessment Tasks
1. Click My Training in the left-hand menu bar.
2. Locate GA - Advanced [Gymsport] Assessment Tasks bundle and select View.
3. You will now see a list of all the Advanced Assessment Tasks. Locate the assessment you wish to submit and click Start.
4. On the following page, click Take Assessment.
5. A pop-up will open in a new window; click Upload. You can then select the file from your computer and upload the document.
Please note - you can only upload one document. If your assessment is in multiple files, you will need to combine them into one file.
6. When the file has finished uploading, click Submit.
7. You will receive an email confirming that the assessment has been submitted and the bundle status will appear as In Progress. Once this assessment is marked by an assessor, you will receive an email to advise you of the outcome.
8. Repeat this process for each of the Advanced Assessment tasks.
Please allow 14 working days for assessment marking.
If an assessment you have submitted is declined, you will receive an email from email@example.com providing feedback as to why this decision has been made (e.g., incomplete tasks, or a lack of detail).
When you have made the necessary updates to your document, you can follow the same process as above to resubmit your assessment.
Estimated time to complete each Advanced Assessment Task
Need more help? Please contact us.